– London: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1967/1969; Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1967/1969; Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1967/1969; x, 356 pp. Reprinted in paperback New York: Simon and Schuster Clarion Book, 1969.
– London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1960; Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1960/1963/5 (also 1969 edition); Toronto: The University of Toronto Press, 1960, x, 570 pp. Also available in paperback: Chicago: Henry Regnery Co. Gateway Edition, 1972.
– London: Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1952; Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1952, xxii, 209 pp; new edition 1963/1976. Reprinted Chicago: University of Chicago Press, Phonenix Book paperback, 1963 (out of print). University of Chicago Press has reissued the paperback in a Midway Reprint, 1976, with the Heinrich Klüver Introduction.
– Glencoe, Illinois: The Free Press, 1952, 255 pp; new edition New York, 1964; 2nd edition with 1959 Preface to German edition, Indianapolis, Indiana: Liberty Press, 1979, also available in Liberty Press paperback.
– "The Defense of Our Civilization Against Intellectual Error." The Freeman (March 2004). Reprinted from What’s Past Is Prologue, a collection of tributes published in honor of FEE founder Leonard E. Read’s 70th birthday, September 26, 1968.