- Democracy and the Constitution: Landmarks of Contemporary Political Thought
– AEI Press, 2006.
- Making Patriots
– University of Chicago Press, 2001; paperback edition, 2002.
- Taking the Constitution Seriously
– Simon and Schuster, 1987; reprinted, Madison Books, 1992.
- In Defense of Liberal Democracy
– Regnery Gateway, 1984.
- After the People Vote: Steps in Choosing the President
– American Enterprise Institute Press, 1983; second edition, 1992.
- For Capital Punishment: Crime and the Morality of the Death Penalty
– Basic Books, 1979; reprinted, University Press of America, 1991.
- The First Amendment and the Future of American Democracy
– Basic Books, 1976; reprinted, Regnery Gateway, 1985.
- Constitutional Cases in American Government
– Thomas Y. Crowell, 1963.
- Essays on the Scientific Study of Politics
– With Herbert J. Storing, ed. Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, December 1962.
- Freedom, Virtue and the First Amendment
– The Louisiana State University Press, 1957; reprinted, Greenwood Publishing Group, 1969.
- Berns on Bork: Distinguished Scholar, Dear Friend
– American Enterprise Institute, December 19, 2012.
- Natural Rights and Modern Constitutionalism
– Walter Berns, "Natural Rights and Modern Constitutionalism," Natural Law, Natural Rights, and American Constitutionalism, a web resource of the Witherspoon Institute.
- In Memoriam: Robert A. Goldwin
– AEI Online, January 21, 2010.
- Interrogations and Presidential Prerogative
– Wall Street Journal, May 23, 2009.
- Why America Celebrates Lincoln
– Wall Street Journal, February 17, 2009.
- Lincoln at Two Hundred: Why We Still Read the Sixteenth President
– American Enterprise Institute, 2009.
- The Case for Keeping the Electoral College
– Roll Call, April 3, 2008.
- On George Kateb’s Patriotism
– Cato Unbound, March 12, 2008.
- Religion and the Death Penalty
– Weekly Standard, February 4, 2008.
- Outputs: The Electoral College Produces Presidents
– Securing Democracy: Why We Have an Electoral College, Gary L. Gregg II, ed. (Wilmington, DE: ISI Books, 2008).
- The Man that Made the Constitution Relevant
– Video, American Enterprise Institute, September 17, 2015.
- The Magna Carta, Due Process, and Administrative Power
– Philip Hamburger, Walter Berns Constitution Day Lecture, American Enterprise Institute, September 17, 2015.
- Conversations with Bill Kristol: James Ceaser
– James Ceaser, Conversations with Bill Kristol, March 2, 2015.
– Audio, "Dialogue," Woodrow Wilson Center.
- Walter Berns and Leon Kass on Stephen Spielberg’s “Lincoln”
– Discussion with Walter Berns and Leon Kass, hosted by the American Enterprise Institute, December 20, 2012.
- Walter Berns and the Constitution: A Celebration of the Constitution, with Opening Remarks by Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
– Panel discussion of Walter Berns' scholarship, hosted by the American Enterprise Institute, September 20, 2011.
- Free Markets and the Constitution
– Audio lecture, American Enterprise Institute, August 11, 2009.
- Abraham Lincoln at Two Hundred
– Audio lecture, American Enterprise Institute, February 9, 2009.
- Transatlantic Law Forum: Citizenship in Europe and the United States
– Audio, American Enterprise Institute, October 16, 2008.
- Democracy and the Constitution: Essays by Walter Berns
– Audio, book forum, American Enterprise Institute, September 29, 2006.